Mobile Agent Floor Plan Instructions Needed

Forum rules
Libellous threads, personal insults and bad language will not be tolerated on this Forum. If you ignore these rules and continue to post unwanted material on the Home Inspector Forums boards you risk being permanently banned from this community.

Mobile Agent Floor Plan Instructions Needed

Postby burns on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:04 am

Hi can anyone help me aquire instructions for Mobile Agent v4.

I cannot see any instructions on their website and the agent who has asked me to do the floor plans has none (its all in his head!). If anyone could email me a copy that would be much appreciated.

First attempt at floor plans does it take much to produce basic layout plans?

Thanks
burns

Professional

Re: Mobile Agent Floor Plan Instructions Needed

Postby kaybee113 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:53 am

Burns

Once you have installed the application and run it for the first time, a tutorial opens to show you how to use it. You will find the first few plans will take a while as you are getting used to the system. However once you have done a few, it will only take minutes to create quite comlpex floor plans. I did a reasonable 5 bed house yesterday, and it took about 15 mins. That includes all doors, windows, cupboards, kitchen units, bathrooms, boiler, HWC etc. etc.

I no longer hand draw my EPC floorplans, I use their DEA floor plans, as I find it easier and certainly more accurate.
kaybee113

Professional

Postby Angib on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Ditto on the tutorial - just get started and it's pretty easy. There is also now a forum for users: http://www.themobileagent.co.uk/forum/

Like any software there are a few oddities that you need to learn. Because the Mobile Agent is so fast and automatic for standard features, it can be a little unwieldy on less usual ones - for example, if the two staircases in a three-storey house are one above the other, editing the lower one when working on the middle floor can be near impossible. The simple answer is to delete the upper one and then redraw it afterwards. Tricks like that take a while to learn but it's just a question of practice and experimentation - if a guide went into that level of detail, it would be unreadable.

Andrew
Angib

Professional

Postby portfan on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:03 pm

completely agree with the above comments.

Once you spend a short amount of time getting used to the idiosyncrocies of the software it's very simple to use.

All I would suggest is get on the system and start creating a few floor plans. Start with something simple and get used to it - then try and get a bit more imaginative.

Good luck!
it's unpleasantly like being drunk.....what's so unpleasant about being drunk.....as a glass of water! - Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy
portfan

Professional

Post by Advertisement

Return to For Sale/ Wanted