Quest Q&A, HIPs and Chat

Quest Q&A, HIPs and Chat

Postby MikeC on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:38 pm

Quest MD (and AHIPP Chairman) Tom Parker returns and is joined by Colin Blears and Liam Parker (a frequent contributor to these forums) to sift through your questions (many thanks for all those) and much more including the state of the market (Quest handles around 85% of mortgage valuations), new products, details of their recently reduced HIP price of £120... oh, there's loads!

Listen/Show-notes: Quest Q&A, HIPs and Chat

We were really up against the clock with this as there was so much to cover. So even if you're not a Quest user, there is lots here; see show-notes for details.

With thanks to Tom Parker (MD), Colin Blears & Liam Parker.
MikeC

Subscriber

Re: Quest Q&A, HIPs and Chat

Postby pauline on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:57 pm

Not had time to listen yet (I'm sure its brill) but once again, thanks for all your efforts, Mike
pauline

Postby d2-holmes on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:56 am

Lets hope its not slanderous
Energy Efficient Bulbs can be hot
d2-holmes

Professional

Postby MikeC on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:54 pm

pauline wrote:Not had time to listen yet (I'm sure its brill) but once again, thanks for all your efforts, Mike

Thanks Pauline, appreciated :D

Show-notes now added.
MikeC

Subscriber

Postby Deano on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Thanks for that Mike.

Deano wrote:Mike,

Please ask them the following:

1. Why didn't they, via BRE, communicate the recent issue where their software was not adding the lower cost recommendations on EPCs?

2. Why was the recommendation problem mentioned in Q1 hidden away for 2 - 3 weeks? What took so long to fix?

3. Why aren't DEAs/HIs allowed to speak directly to their development team when such problems are discovered and need to be discussed?

4. Why aren't the people who answer the phone at Quest instructed to listen to the callers query in detail before trying to fobb them off with a half baked, pre-rehearsed answer?

5. When compiling an EPC why do we have to enter the address twice on the initial instruction pages? Surely it shouldn't be beyond them to have the 2nd auto-fill off the 1st?

My response:

Q1: Did not answer the question, why weren’t the users told about the issue? BRE did not tell us, we told them. I certainly didn’t receive a letter or e-mail telling me about this issue!

Q2: Not according to BRE, they advised that Quest had known about this issue for weeks and not even BRE knew what was going on!

Q3: The structure being used is obviously takes far too long.

Q4: The Lady I spoke to would not listen to my query, she kept assuming that she knew what my query was, she didn’t and would not keep quiet long enough for me to get my point across until I asked her to stop talking and listen. The issue was that listed in Q1.

Q5: Daft question on my part :cry:
http://www.synergyhomeinspectors.co.uk

All hope abandon, ye who enter here - Dante

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
Deano

Postby MikeC on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:59 pm

Deano wrote:Q5: Daft question on my part :cry:

We did actually cover it but I cut it out because it was a daft question on your part :D

Apologies also to K4blades: the question was radically different from the tempo and topic of the questions in general, I said I'd come back to it later but we just didn't have time - sorry Kev :oops:
MikeC

Subscriber

Postby Macca on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:46 pm

Just listening now. Am I right that Tom Parker was suggesting that DEA's cross-sell Insulation and boilers? When Mike suggested the CLG don't/won't allow it, Tom said 'there are way's around it'.

Did I hear that right? Is the Chairman of AHIPP really saying that DEA's should compromise their integrity?
He is not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Macca

Postby neilkurz on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:05 pm

Macca wrote:Just listening now. Am I right that Tom Parker was suggesting that DEA's cross-sell Insulation and boilers? When Mike suggested the CLG don't/won't allow it, Tom said 'there are way's around it'.

Did I hear that right? Is the Chairman of AHIPP really saying that DEA's should compromise their integrity?

Pack providers and panels are not regulated (which is a pity), hence why AHIPP and NIA have been holding a series of talks for almost a year. As Alex F (Energywise) knows, NIA members would pay handsomely for leads to install loft/wall insulation. We have been approached on numerous occasions to pass on leads- to date, I have said no to every approach, but I rule out nothing as the industry continues to implode.

'Sod the rules, its for the greater good' might be one perspective (regarding climate change), but if it really is for the 'greater good' then change the sodding rules so DEAs aren't treated like cattle and are allowed to 'exploit' their position - with appropriate regulation (this absolutely does NOT mean self-regulation, the bane of the lazy UK culture) in place.
neilkurz

Professional

Post by Advertisement

Next

Return to Podcasts And Media