Working Lunch piece now on-line

Re: Working Lunch piece now on-line

Postby Kathy on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:56 pm

Very well done Bosco and David - you certainly left no-one with the impression that there's money to be made in this industry and I'm sure you will have put some people off starting training. Keep up the good work.

If the Minister seriously thinks there are going to be enough assessors still hanging around next October she needs to take a reality pill. Accreditation fees will be due long before then - who will be willing to invest a penny more on yet another promise from a Gov who's only reliable track record is in breaking their promises.
Building Surveyor, L3/4 CEA, DEA, OCDEA
Kathy

Professional

Postby happy_john on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:02 am

respect is due, you 2 have done well.
i don't usually see working lunch- is it the type of show where they accept feedback from viewers and show it later? if so perhaps some of us could get in touch with the show and express our interest in this article, keeping it in the news for longer?
i think i have seen a show on where the BBC talk to producers about the stories that are interesting, does anyone know what it is called? perhaps we could contact them and express our sorrow for the people who have paid to be trained into an industry that isn't there to support them?

i'm off to raid the kids piggy banks before the government leak our bank details exposing us to fraudsters who might further rob us....... too late!

it is also nice, i must say, to see some positive stuff posted here. :D
happy_john

Bronze User

Postby davidthompson01 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:37 am

HappyJohn
Working Lunch have provide a very balanced and fair perpspective of HIPs, His and DEAs over the last 12 months. Any positive feedback to the programme thanking them for focussing on our situtation and asking them to follow up keeps it on their agenda. Specifically asking them for chase up the Minister YC for a formal quote to recognise our situation will help as this will put pressure on CLG.
I am not prepared to disclose the contents of emails with my local MP that I referred to on Working Lunch other than to say that by speaking to her PPS last night and stating I will be on working lunch tomorrow she phoned YC and got a response. MP emailed me again this am on her way back to my constituency. I want to keep pressure on behind the scenes so anybody communicating with "Working Lunch" asking them to follow up with YC for what she is going to do about the hardship for DEA/HI that she has recognised as being real for all of us, will clearly help.
David
davidthompson01

Bronze User

Postby Fordy on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:54 am

I've e-mailed them congratulating them, and you, on a very accurate piece - as well as asking them to maintain the pressure on YC & CLG. I also pointed out to them that when YC gave them a reply containing the info that commercial properties come into the equation next year, she failed to mention that to be qualified for that, further investment by the DEAs was necessary!
BRE Accreditation BREC200925

http://www.epcnorthern.co.uk
Fordy

Postby davidthompson01 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:06 am

I referred to new training costs of £3-4k for commercial and that DEAs/Hi don't have that so it could be a disaster for Gov't but that was edited out.Good to remind though!
David
davidthompson01

Bronze User

Postby happy_john on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:08 am

I have emailed them with very positive feedback about their piece and asked them to continue to ask for a rollout date for all properties from the Government.
once again, many thanks...
happy_john

Bronze User

Postby jabsy on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:48 pm

Well done gents, i was very impressed by the whole thing.
jabsy

Bronze User

Postby mstevens on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:52 am

Have e-mailed them on a great presentation -but it needs following up to this matter and can radio be mopre affective than other resoures???
mstevens

Post by Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Podcasts And Media