Podcast #19:Full Market HIPs - DEA Roundtable

Re: Podcast #19:Full Market HIPs - DEA Roundtable

Postby DuncanM on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:11 am

Chris JaiBahadur wrote:First of all l would like to thank Mike for conducting this inrterview that clearly shows that Jackie Oliver is only interested in the HCR. she is however happy to carry out EPCs which clearly leaves a bad taste, and feels they are not relevent to the house selling process, but was quite happy to travel 25miles to do two or three.
l further got the impression EPCs are beneath her skill base.
And as for Alex Fields input to your Podcast l now hope the members can see what this lady is all about, and IMO its nothing relevent to the industry or the good of the DEA, I have to ask the question are you ALEX accredited? l cannot find you on Landmark and have you done any EPCs? therefore what makes you feel you can comment on an plight of DEAs and an industry you have not subscribed to?
This Podcast has answered many questions for me and reasured me that l was right to not to subcribe to IHI.

What was the point of this post? Apart from childish point scoring?

Member after member of the IDEA steering group are coming on here spouting this sort of vicious bile. What exactly do you hope to gain from it? Surely not respect for your 'institute', or unity among the profession.

So I assume you're just after a fight. That is really quite sad. :roll:
DuncanM

Postby jonezy on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:26 am

I thought Jackie's comments very good, at least she has the guts to be honest. In its current format the principal 'benefit' of a HIP for EAs/sellers is compliance with the regulation. The implication of double standards is facile as the current situation is of the making of the CLG. Just because you abide by the law does not mean you agree with it. The EPC may be of some interest to buyers but is not a deciding factor in whether to make a purchase. Like it or not, if EAs/buyers/sellers can not be shown the unequivocal benefit of HIPs will they have a future?

Perhaps roll out to 1 & 2 bed could bring improvement. FTBs are going to be more interested in the heating cost of their home and the reduced cost of conveyancing with a HIP (but it will have to be demanded and they need to know what the HIP can do for them) could help to persuade EAs it's not all bad.

I must say I am deeply saddened by the constant churlish sniping and mud slinging. Some people need to take a step back and think about what 'professional' means.
Being considerate of others will take you and your children further in life than any college or professional degree. — Marian Wright Edelman
jonezy

Postby DaveyH on Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:30 pm

The mention of a meeting with MP(s).

Agree that it should be structured. Could this not be achieved on Question Time?

Structured, with MP for Cons who came on the forum (name escapes me!) with a collection of other MP's (maybe even Y Cooper herself!) and DEA's/HI's in the audience. This would also maybe give us a bit of positive press.

OR

if its anything like this forum, the MP's would have a problem getting their point accross through all the bickering by us lot! :wink:
Dave Hurren LCGI
DaveyH

Professional

Postby DaveyH on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:02 pm

Obviously not a good idea seeing as there are no answers! :shock:
Dave Hurren LCGI
DaveyH

Professional

Post by Advertisement

Previous

Return to Podcasts And Media