This is an extract from Elmhurst's Accreditation Code of Conduct:
7.0 LifeLong Learning (LLL)
To ensure that Customers receive a quality service and retain confidence in the scheme, all
DEAs must initially undergo training or prove competence at the point of accreditation. To retain
Accreditation with EES all DEAs will need to ensure that their competence is maintained and
developed through Lifelong Learning.
· A Member should lodge through the EES system a minimum of 10 EPCs in each 12 month
period that meet the requirements and standards defined in the scheme;
· A member shall complete a minimum of 10 of per year which can be documented;
· LLL shall be carried out in every year. LLL shall be computed as follows:
· the maximum time attributable to any qualifying activity shall be the duration from
the opening to the close of any formal event calculated to the nearest half hour or
from the commencement to the completion of other informal activities;
· when a Member attends for only part of a qualifying activity, only the time attended
shall be counted; and
· time spent in administering a qualifying activity shall not be treated as LLL;
· DEA are to record no less frequently than every 12 complete calendar months their
learning objectives, the date on which they were last recorded, updated or reconfirmed,
and the manner(s) in which they intend to meet those objectives;
· DEA to keep a written record of their participation in qualifying activities in such form which
shall include dates, subject-matters, speakers, total time spent;
· LLL records will be made available on request by the scheme within 28 days;
· LLL records should be kept for a minimum period of three years.
This includes 'formal event' and 'other informal activities'
I can see nothing about courses being pre-approved.
MSc PhD MInstP