Exposing the HIP Business - The Partnership - Podcast 21

Exposing the HIP Business - The Partnership - Podcast 21

Postby MikeC on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:55 pm

So you wanna be a HIP Provider!

Peter reveals that 75% of the work involved is support-related and that a lack of knowledge surrounding the technicalities of actually compiling the HIP could seriously undermine those providing them... particularly the low-cost providers.

The Partnership Ltd wasn't just formed earlier this year as an opportunistic punt, it has been in formation for 3 years and has been involved in the early stages of HIPs as part of the CLG's stakeholder panel.

There is a reminder of what HIPs was actually intended to do - for the house-buying process - and how that could all be unravelled if the job is not done correctly.

Anecdotal evidence that EAs are becoming wary of incompetent DEAs.

DEAs considering this market should listen to this.
Google: Peter Ambrose - The Partnership
Listen/show-notes: Peter Ambrose - The Partnership - HIP Provider

Thanks to Peter for his time.
Last edited by MikeC on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeC

Subscriber

Re: Exposing the HIP Business - The Partnership - Podcast 21

Postby thedeaman2007 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:48 pm

The process of compiling a HIP in line with government requirements is straightforward. The problems alluded to, I would submit, are caused by the way those requirements have been designed. But I don't see why competent DEAs and competent HIP providers, be they DEA or not, should have any worries. If the finished article is in line with mandatory requirements but not what the populace at large expect then look no further than government for the reasons. After all hundreds of millions of pounds have been spent, or should that be wasted, by them.
thedeaman2007

Gold User

Postby MikeC on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:09 pm

After all hundreds of millions of pounds have been spent, or should that be wasted, by them.

Hundreds of millions of pounds?! :D

The problems alluded to, I would submit, are caused by the way those requirements have been designed. But I don't see why competent DEAs and competent HIP providers, be they DEA or not, should have any worries.

Be that as it may, but if reported experiences are anything to go by, the alluded to problems, are problems that will bear down on providers, nonetheless:

...because the HIP is cost-driven and not information-driven, “Local authorities now spend a far greater amount of time answering enquiries from purchasers’ solicitors who have received a HIP with a personal search in it, and need to have the personal search information checked and clarified. We are seeing an ever-increasing number of personal searches which contain wholly inaccurate information,

HIPs: the first 100 days
MikeC

Subscriber

Postby kevintye on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:18 am

Thanks to Peter for helping my promotion of HIP Provision by the DEA!

Peter is right to say that documents need to be accurate and checked etc.

This is why we are running a course to help the DEA's and HI's get it right!

Thanks Pete :mrgreen:

PS A lot of what you say is valid but a large quantity of what you have said is not really of any use is it?

I take issue with your mention of LA Searches.

I have used many different Solicitors when buying various houses. I have looked at the searches that were obtained at the time before HIPS and guess what.....NOT ONE LA SEARCH! All searches were carried out by search companies similar to Onesearch etc.

You seem at have "heard" lots of things but have not mentioned anything of substance!

I feel that in this Podcast you are simply protecting your own business, with little or no regard for the rest of the reliable and accurate HIP providers.
kevintye

Postby kevintye on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:27 am

Peter
Your website actively promotes a HIP that includes personal searches!
here's the link for you
http://www.thepartnershiplimited.com/ht ... ution.html

You either believe in them or you don't!
How can you not believe in them if you promote them on your website?
Do you tell people that wish to purchase this option from the Parnership that it will be thrown in the bin as soon as the EA gets it? This is what you said on the Podcast Peter, so could you clarify for me what your position is with regard to a product you sell? :mrgreen:
HIP provider training and personal Search Agent Training for DEA's & HI's who wish to remain completely independent and in control.
http://www.hiptraininguk.com
kevintye

Postby thedeaman2007 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:04 am

kevintye wrote:Peter
Your website actively promotes a HIP that includes personal searches!
here's the link for you
http://www.thepartnershiplimited.com/ht ... ution.html

You either believe in them or you don't!
How can you not believe in them if you promote them on your website?
Do you tell people that wish to purchase this option from the Parnership that it will be thrown in the bin as soon as the EA gets it? This is what you said on the Podcast Peter, so could you clarify for me what your position is with regard to a product you sell? :mrgreen:

Absolutely Kevin - The unfortunate aspect, based on your statement, is that the content of many of MikeCs podcasts may be called into question due to this type of misinformation. Future podcasts will now have to be combed to ensure that statements by "experts" bear scrutiny.
thedeaman2007

Gold User

Postby pambrose on Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:41 pm

In response to your comments about searches, Kevin.

I have never said that NO solicitors will accept personal searches. Let's face it, there's over half a million of them done every year already - clearly there is broad acceptance of them by solicitors.

Regarding our "promotion" of personal search based HIPs - our clients have asked us to provide these to help them be more cost-effective to compete. In other cases, where clients have properties that they expect will take a long time to exchange, then they want to do the absolute minimum to be compliant with the law - and to keep the costs down.

Whenever we talk to clients about HIPs, we ALWAYS explain the differences between the two, with the potential issues that may arise with each.

There's no double standards going on here - we actively promote authorised local authority searches, but for clients looking for a lower cost solution, as in the conveyancing process today, we provide personal searches. We offer both to satisfy our client's requirements, unlike some of our competitors who point blank refuse to offer authorised searches?

Peter
http://www.thepartnershiplimited.com
01483 579 978
A new breed of legal services provider
pambrose

Silver User

Postby kevintye on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:33 am

Well that's cleared that up then hasn't it?

Thank you Peter
kevintye

Post by Advertisement

Next

Return to Podcasts And Media